Middle Park School
A school is an important part of a local community and Middle Park is fortunate to have a primary school which has had a long association with our suburb, having opened in 1887 and still going strong. In 1916 it became the first Central School in Victoria and remained so until 1968 when it reverted to being a Primary School as a local high school had opened recently in the City of South Melbourne. In honour of its centenary, historian and former teacher, George Morris, wrote the book 'Middle Park School No. 2815 : the first hundred years 1887-1987'.
A digital copy of this book has been made available for downloading. Copyright remains with the Middle Park Primary School and permission must be sought from them for use as specified in the Australian Copyright Act 1968. Printed copies are also available from the school who can be contacted directly.